Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Ghurka vs. Mulholland

Today, while doing research for my other website , I came upon a site which provided links to its competitors. Now, I hate to admit this, but I found the competitors' links more noteworthy. To that end, here are two competing companies, two competing duffels for your perusal. The first is by Ghurka:



The second by Mulholland:



I have owned products by Mullholland; I don't believe I have ever owned a Ghurka bag. To me they seem pretty similar. If you look at their websites you can see that they seem to feed off of one another in terms of design influences. How you would choose between these two may have more to do with your own worldview than anything else. Me, I take a different view: they are both too damn expensive.

Probably a better way to go would be a canvas tote or duffel from L.L. Bean, Wm. J. Mills or Beckel Canvas Products.

Much of what I write about here isn't just to provide information to the public. A lot of the time (and this is especially true of the links) it is to provide a record of the places I have been on the web: a Hansel and Gretel roadmap of breadcrumbs on how to get back to the interesting places I have found quite by accident.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...