Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Peal & Co. Raywood

I'm thinking of pulling the trigger on this one and thought I'd give the faithful an opportunity to weigh in.



The pros: I remember this shoe from back in the day, as I was graduating out of Bass Weejuns into suits and dressier things. I thought Brooks Brothers had stopped carrying it. Perhaps this is a revival of some kind or maybe I just haven't been paying attention. At any rate, the shoe has a great versatility to it and can go from very dressy to quite casual. Looks great after breaking in, antiqued with a little black polish.

The cons: well, all the usual things, including low funds post Christmas and the fact that they don't have my size. I wonder if I dare order a half size down.



As I was wandering around doing research on this post, I came upon this great artifact, courtesy of Mister Crew, proving once and for all that Brooks Brothers shoes sold under the Peal banner, really are "in name only."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...