Friday, September 16, 2011

The Power of Red

In my next life I'm coming back as Christian Louboutin.


While it's true he has as many ugly shoes as beautiful ones, I must admit that Christian Louboutin has done a hell of a job at branding himself. He has captured the nation's imagination and its material-girl urges with his trademark red-soled pumps. It doesn't hurt that he strives to make women's legs look longer, that his shoes are often seen on the red carpet on the likes of Renee Zellweger and Katie Couric, and perceived to be costlier, more desirable, more exclusive, and of a better quality than his competitors. Temporarily, at least, he has surpassed Jimmy Choo and Manolo Blahnik.

I understand that there have been trademark disputes with Yves St. Laurent. Can you really trademark a color? And who was the first to do it? The designer Valentino claims to have done it in the 70's. It appears that Louboutin has lost the first few rounds. It does not matter.

While I do not profess to be an expert in trademark law (or women's fashion), I know what I like and what works for me. Do these shoes work?. Hell, yeah they work. More power to Louboutin on the day he first applied red lacquer nail polish to the underside of a lady's shoe.

It is a simple, bold stroke of genius and he deserves the success that comes to him.

The power of red and black together


Zellweger



These are the girls I was supposed to go to the beach with last winter.

2 comments:

  1. Cheap Women Ugg Boots anatomy set a fur can never be fashion: carelessness the algid wind in winter is to accept a brace of activity the abounding weight of the boots, actually actualize weight is to await on fur, fur is blubbery attractive plan let girls love. Whether you accept the appearance of the lower physique of the UGG match, with bogie account fur fur, cool beautiful creamy adventurous style, is actually the winter amore of the protagonist, the high allotment of the fur will alone icing on the cake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow... I really love shoes and heels specially fabulous ankle boots! where can I find one? I know it's winter and I really need a fashionable ankle booties for me to stroll along snowy land with chic and style. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...