Thursday, November 4, 2010

Gatsby's Shirts

Mrs. W. tells me I own too many shirts. She's probably right.



There was a time when I only wore Brooks Brothers all-cotton buttondowns. That was when they still made all-cotton, need-to-be-ironed shirts, and when those shirts still fit me. You see I've put on a little weight since then. And that "no-iron" cotton? Hate the stuff. I find it to be itchy as hell and it makes me sweat!



If I could still buy shirts off the rack at Brooks Brothers, I would. But then I never would have discovered the pleasure and joy of custom.



Probably from Will over at ASW, I discovered Joe Hemrajani at MyTailor,com. I have also had good luck at my local emporium, Savile Row of St. Louis, and I have custom ordered shirts at BB Select. Over the course of the next several days, I will try to elaborate on all three.



No doubt I have the widest body (pun intended) of experience with Hemrajani. No fewer than 25 of his shirts hang in my closet.


1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the fray. I'm anxious to hear your findings. I ordered 2 shirts today, and will need more in the near future.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...